The attack on Hiroshima
was not a justified bombing. It is common knowledge to want to end a war
quickly, however it should also be common knowledge not to destroy millions of
innocents lives to make that a quicker process. From a survivor of Hiroshima he
states “The atomic bomb is the most
cruel and inhumane thing ever imposed on humanity. Today, needless to say,
nuclear bombs can completely destroy any country. The hibakusha naturally feel
great anxiety and fear for the present and futures of the world, as the nuclear
nations race to produce and stockpile ever more powerful nuclear weapons. The
hibakusha and other citizens of Hiroshima and Nagasaki have been trying to
share their A-bomb experiences with others outside Japan, but their real
intentions were not always fully understood, or sometimes were misunderstood.
Besides, responses from various peoples have often been very poor…” 90,000
were killed immediately and 145,000 within months. The outcome of this
did result in an end to the war, however I do not think it was worth it. The
United States takes pride in their moral standings of respect of the
individual. Even though the people who were killed were under Japanese government,
it did not make them enemies of the United States.
I think this attack still to
this day put the United States to shame. I completely understand why the
survivors of Hiroshima would be scared for future attacks. When years ago this
bomb was dropped, the United States had just barely came into passion with this
dangerous technology. Since them, we have the technology to create much more
dangerous weapons of war. I understand the point of war, however I do not think
causalities should be brought into any battle. I think war should only deal
with those defending the country, such as volunteer soldiers, and those
guidelines should be following today. Citizens of a country should not feel
threatened or scared that millions of their friends and family will be killed
because the government poses a certain viewpoint against another viewpoint.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.