I disagree
with Gandhi that “Mankind has to get out of violence only through non-violence.”
It will be ideal if that is possible, but I think it is not realistic. I think
it is part of human nature to be selfish to some extent and when greed starts to
grow people will use violence to get what they want if they believe that it is
the only choice. Violence is not avoidable due to human nature, therefore even
if mankind were able to escape the cycle of violence through non-violence for
some period of time, violence will emerge again at some point. If this is the
case, the more important thing will be forgiveness and to learn from violence that
has occurred.
I do not think that the atomic bomb should
have been dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. However, I do think the action was
successful in stopping the war and stopping the violence that was done during
the war. The atomic bombing created significant amount of pain and sorrow,
which will never be forgotten. Japan is conserving the Genbaku Dome to remind people of the terribleness of the atomic
bombing and the war itself so that people will never start war again. People
who survived from the atomic bombing tell their experiences so that people who
have not experienced war and atomic bombing can know what it is like so that
they won’t repeat the mistakes. When the generation of people who experienced
the war disappears, it may be more challenging to continue to pass down the
history as a real story. However, this is the effort that has to be made to
learn from the history.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.