Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pulling the Plug

Buddhism says that it is morally unacceptable to take your life away in all circumstances because all humans have a right to life. I think that if a person has been arbitrarily selected to suffer that much (until they want to die), their rights to live have kind of already been taken away from them because they are already in a position where they are no longer able to live their lives to the fullest.


Having said that, if a person is already so close to death, what difference does time make? If a person is already going through that much pain to the point that even have to think about ending their life a little earlier – because their potential to progress in life is already compromised so much – I think that having his life ended a little early (on his own accord), while it is his own decision, isn’t really a choice that he gets to make, since he’s suffering to the point where he might as well be dead.  If the end point is death either way, what is the real point with living that extra while only to endure more suffering? Even if it is a person’s destiny to endure x amount of suffering before they leave, I feel like if you’re already suffering that much it might as well be equal to death. 

(I'm so sorry this is so late!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.