Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Sweat Shops
I do not think that just
using consumer pressure to end child labor is a good idea like in the article
by Kailash Satyarthi says. I feel that
more should be done in order to actually end it. Child labor is immoral and completely wrong
especially when these children are getting abused by the people they work
for. It is absolutely horrible what they
did to that 12 year old boy I read about in the article by Kailash Satyarthi. That poor boy just did not want to live under
those terrible conditions anymore and just wanted to get away. They should not have beat him until he
collapsed and then cut him into three pieces and buried them in different
places. In order to get rid of all these
horrible behavers I feel is to do more than just consumer pressure. They should threaten the people doing this to
these children because and shut down their productions and arrest them if they
really want this to stop. Just having
the consumer pressure is helping a little but I feel that they would make way
more progress if they shut down the productions and arrest the people that use
child labor would be a much more effective way.
I do not know why anyone would allow this to go on for so long without
directly intervening and shutting them down.
It is horrible that anyone would force children to work for them and
beat them when they are not meeting their expectations of what they want them
to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.